As one of Australia’s leading jazz organisation for more than 35 years, SIMA presents around 100 events annually and supports more than 350 musicians each year. Our volunteers and interns are crucial in helping us support the jazz community, playing a vital role in assisting SIMA to maintain its programs.
We are always on the lookout for new volunteers to add to our rich and diverse group of friends who offer help and assistance across a number of services and departments. Our interns get on-the-job experience in planning and producing festivals, marketing and PR.
There are many ways that you can help us ranging from strategic to operational. We want you to be engaged in areas that interest you! If you have any areas of expertise or specific interest please let us know.
Some of the ways you can help SIMA are:
- General office work and administration.
- Front of House and Event Management
- Fundraising and Sponsorship activities.
- Updating and researching our databases
- Distributing brochures to cafes and venues in your area
- Audience Development Research
- Photographing/Filming artists and performances for use on the SIMA website and promotional campaigns
- Any other area you feel you would like to pursue
SIMA welcomes your contribution, so feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 8322 0974 to discuss any of the above. We look forward to hearing from you!