SIMA'S primary venue is The Sound Lounge - details below.
Other Sydney Venues
The Foundry 616, The Basement, Venue505
The Sound Lounge
at Sydney’s Seymour Centre is SIMA’s primary venue for jazz.
The York Theatre
is another venue located at the Seymour Centre.
Under-18s always welcome when accompanied by a responsible adult. Concession prices apply.
View Larger Map
- Corner of City Rd and Cleveland St, Chippendale
- Box office – telephone 9351 7940 or book online
- Seymour Centre website
The Seymour Centre can easily be reached by public transport:
- Train to either Central Station (bus or walk up Broadway and City Road) or to Redfern Station (walk via Lawson and Ivy Streets).
- State transit buses from the city numbered 422, 423, 426, and 428 (from Castlereagh Street and Railway Square at Central Station) stop outside the Seymour Centre.
- University of Sydney multi-storey car park next to the Seymour Centre (corner of Cleveland and Shepherd Streets, entry from Shepherd Street).
- Pay and display ticket system
Limited catering is available at the Sound Lounge.
For pre performance meals within 5 minutes walk of the Seymour Centre
We are also 10 minutes walk from the many restaurants in King Street, Newtown.